.: food for soul...

[ Thursday, September 23, 2004 ]

i'm a dog

Saw this article on the papers the other day. It’s about animals’ traits and men/women. I’m not sure about the others but I am definitely a dog (A good dog I mean ;)

Animals’ traits – the article

And the fact that it says that dogs don’t bear grudges makes it even more real. I actually lost the ability to get mad at anyone. Some people still annoy me now and then but I can’t get mad at people for long no matter what they do (although there’s an exception to this). I forget things very fast, bad things I mean.

Even if people stood me up, lie to me, cheated on me, say bad things about me, I just can’t find it in me to take revenge or get mad or anything. I am not saying I am a saint, but I just don’t see the point of blaming that person for doing what he/she does. And the truth is I’m kinda glad that they did what they did. It makes me a better person. And you learn a lot from people like this, trust me :)

A friend told me that if someone lied to you, you should blame yourself and not the person who told the lie. I agree with that and it should too be applied in everything else. If someone cheated on you, blame yourself, if someone took you for a ride, blame yourself. There are no victims in all this, only willing participants (read: suckers).

But on the other hand, don’t be too hard on yourself. I know there are people who blame themselves for everything bad that happened. The point here is not self-pity. The point here is that things happened to you because you “allow” it to happen. You “allow” it to happen because you weren’t smart enough in spotting it before it is too late. So there’s a lesson to be learn in every letdown. If you are too consumed in getting even or being mad and sad, you’ll never learn.

Christina Aguilera says it best with her song, Fighter (below are just the bits and pieces of the song)


[After all you put me through you'd think I despise you but in the end, I wanna thank you ‘cause you make me that much stronger]

[You probably think that I hold resentment for you but, oh no, you're wrong ‘cause if it wasn't for all that you tried to do I wouldn't know just how capable I am to pull through so I wanna say thank you]

[Cause if it wasn't for all of your torture I wouldn't know how to be this way now. And never back down so I wanna say thank you]

And btw, I hate the censorship board. Christina’s new album Stripped is the only album that I’ve yet to buy. And the reason why I didn’t get it is because they CHANGED the cover. I mean what’s wrong with her covering her boobs with only her hairs?

But anyway, be a dog and you will be happier :)

posted by [ noodlez ] | [ 1:38 AM ]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

smart ass quote

What's the point of wearing your favorite rocket ship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?

the owner

Name: noodlez
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ICQ: 27783641

To be great is to be misunderstood. Accept your genius and say what you think

view complete profile...

likes...

christina aguilera, calvin and hobbes, coke, cherry coke, coffee, HL milk, woman in chocolate,

dislikes...

britney spears, J.Lo, snakes, malaysian censor board, mushrooms,

wish list

a 10 with high self-esteem, gain a few more pounds, blue or grey eyes,

previous

  • make me happy, make me sad
  • expectations: checked
  • expectations
  • story of a boy: itchy arse
  • comment response #10
  • comment response #9
  • comment response #8
  • types of chinese
  • i got "screen-ed"
  • is chivalry dead?
  • archives

  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • links

  • Liverpool & Proud

  • Google.com.my

  • Fark.com

  • Bored.com

  • Soccernet.com
  • extraz...

    Site Meter

    Listed on Blogwise

    .: food for soul...
    personal crappy design © 2004