.: food for soul...

[ Monday, September 20, 2004 ]

expectations

After the boy story that I posted a few days back, a friend gave me some advices. The first advice was [make sure of every decision/action you make now is what you really want....never regret things, when the present becomes your past, and your future becomes the present] Truth is, I now no more do whatever that I do not want to. If I think I might regret doing something, then I will not do it. That explains a lot on why I’ve let so many “things” pass me by *grin*

The second one was [don’t carry excess baggage into your future relationships]. At first I don’t really understand what does she meant with “excess baggage” then there was another message that explains “excess baggage”. The second message goes something like this [excess baggage i.e. those expectations of how you'd like the next person to be. Make it simple la, don't expect the next girl(s) in your life to be somehow like "the girl"]

Now that really hit me. After reading that I realized that all this while I’ve been putting expectations unconsciously. Me not trying to brag or anything, but I’ve passed on a quite numbers of girls because “she’s not what I want”. And to be honest, I don’t even know what I want. Consciously, I don’t have any expectations on girls. I don’t go saying that I want her to be this and that. But sub-consciously, I do believe that I’ve had this “list” in the back of my head. So if she (the one who gave me the advices) hadn’t put it to me that way, I would still be screening girls in the back of my head without even knowing it consciously.

So since I’m at it, I’ve been doing some thinking on what are my “sub-conscious” expectations. This is my personal unrealistic expectations so please don’t flame me and say that I’m some chauvinistic pig. So here goes:

  1. Cannot be taller than me (with heels) and not shorter than my shoulder.
  2. Long hair. How long? I don’t really know but I prefer long hair more. Don’t really like straightened hair. Straightened hair looks kinda fake. Long wavy hair is nice (not curly, just a little wavy or as long it’s not straight like plastic). Short hair is nice too but not all girls can go with short hair. Unless she is Athena Chu Yan. So in general, long hair is better.
  3. Knows how to hold up her hair with a pencil (and still look nice doing it). I just have this thing about girls with long hair and tying them up. Like a cute friend used to say to me “ikat tinggi tinggi” *chuckle*
  4. Eyes, any color goes but like most people, I do prefer blue but since I’m in Malaysia I can’t really hope for a blue eye right? I still got to be realistic *laugh* But I do like defined eyes. It’s something like where you draw a black outline around your eyes. Black eyeliner under the eyes. Like a gothic look. Avril Lavigne usually does that.
  5. Winona Ryder’s nose and the smile of Nicole Kidman. Skin complexion? I guess fair isn’t too much to ask for right?
  6. Bubbly and full of life, like Kate Hudson
  7. Body, well, I don’t really care much about figure. Really. There are 2 types of men in this world. One type will emphasize more on the figure and the other type will emphasize more on the face. So I’m the face guy. When I first look at a girl, I’ll go for the face first then only body. But if she has got a captivating look then the body can be overlooked.
  8. No big ass. And definitely no J.Lo’s ass. Whoever thinks J.Lo’s ass is nice is crazy. Preferably she does not have wide hips. I mean when she wears tight fitting jeans, her hips doesn’t really go sideway (I really don’t know how to explain this in words) But this isn’t really that important, she can always wear something else *grin*
  9. I like girls who are bubbly and cute and adorable. Pretty much like a little girl. But I don’t want a little girl *hehe… contradiction eh :p” I want a girl who often turns into a playful little girl when she’s around me.
  10. A girl who knows how to build up my ego (this may sound selfish but trust me, you can hold onto a guy if you know how to do this)
  11. A girl who thinks I look like Brad Pitt even when the whole town thinks I’m ugly as sin *laugh*
  12. A girl who when she has a bad hair day will just tie her hair up and go out without making a fuss out of it.
  13. She doesn’t nag
  14. She loves dogs
  15. When I say “Honey, tomorrow morning you and I are going to rob the local bank at 9 o’clock” and she’ll say “I’ll be ready”.

So basically, I don’t think I am asking for too much right? I didn’t ask for killer curves or big boobs. A friend once asked me how I look for girls; I mean what do I look for in a girl. I said I mostly go for pretty girls but that was last time and I’ve changed. Then she asked what do I look for now in a girl and I say, I now go for pretty girls with good attitude *laugh*.

But honestly to me now, pretty face is common. Looks is only skin deep but character is to the bones. I love someone playful, someone who can take jokes, irony. I believe I can hold an intellectual conversation if I want to but I don’t really fancy that. I can go on and on about men, women, government, politics, economy, sports and etc but that’s not going to give me any satisfactions or make me happy. I don’t know how to explain this but I love it when someone can just talk about something different, something really silly and ironic. I know this makes no sense but I think I now know how to find someone just like that *grin*

And then she (the advice girl) told me [expectations alone is the silent killer] which is very true. Expectation is indeed a silent killer in relationships. And she even say that [every individual is unique and i hope you know what it really means]. Truth is, I don’t really know what that means… hehe. I mean I know the obvious meaning of that sentence but I don’t understand what the underlying message is. Maybe I need another “boy story” to understand the meaning… hehe.

So now I’m going to follow her advice. No more expectations. I’ll just take anyone that got in my way. Big, small, young, old, short, tall, white, blue, green, yellow, everything. Everything goes… hehe. I know it’s impossible to have NO expectations at all. So I’ve come up with another list. And this time, it’s a consciously list.

  1. Someone who LOVES calvin and hobbes. When I saw LOVES I mean REALLY REALLY LOVES calvin and hobbes. I don’t know how to explain this but I am sure that whoever loves calvin and hobbes are people who have a slightly different view on the world……… I’ve been thinking for 10 minutes on how to explain this but I can’t. The bottom line is that people who loves and understands calvin and hobbes are cool people to be with.

Yes, my consciously list only have one (actually there’s more but I like to keep it to myself :). There’s a lot of people who likes to read calvin and hobbes but not many can really [understand] calvin and hobbes :)


posted by [ noodlez ] | [ 2:28 AM ]

2 Comments:

  • My CheckList

    Cannot be taller than me (with heels) and not shorter than my shoulder. [Checked]

    Long hair. How long? I don’t really know but I prefer long hair more. Don’t really like straightened hair. Straightened hair looks kinda fake. Long wavy hair is nice (not curly, just a little wavy or as long it’s not straight like plastic). Short hair is nice too but not all girls can go with short hair. Unless she is Athena Chu Yan. So in general, long hair is better. [Checked]

    Knows how to hold up her hair with a pencil (and still look nice doing it). I just have this thing about girls with long hair and tying them up. [Checked]

    Eyes, any color goes but like most people, I do prefer blue but since I’m in Malaysia I can’t really hope for a blue eye right? I still got to be realistic *laugh* But I do like defined eyes. It’s something like where you draw a black outline around your eyes. Black eyeliner under the eyes. Like a gothic look. Avril Lavigne usually does that. [Err..Checked?]

    Winona Ryder’s nose and the smile of Nicole Kidman. [Checked - xcept tt my teeth is a bit yellowish :D]

    Skin complexion? I guess fair isn’t too much to ask for right? [Checked - fair like taufu.. *grins*]

    Bubbly and full of life, like Kate Hudson [Checked]

    Body, well, I don’t really care much about figure. Really. There are 2 types of men in this world. One type will emphasize more on the figure and the other type will emphasize more on the face. So I’m the face guy. When I first look at a girl, I’ll go for the face first then only body. But if she has got a captivating look then the body can be overlooked. [Checked - face = superadorable, bod just nice]

    No big ass. And definitely no J.Lo’s ass. Whoever thinks J.Lo’s ass is nice is crazy. Preferably she does not have wide hips. I mean when she wears tight fitting jeans, her hips doesn’t really go sideway (I really don’t know how to explain this in words) But this isn’t really that important, she can always wear something else *grin* [Checked - hip size: 35"]

    I like girls who are bubbly and cute and adorable. Pretty much like a little girl. But I don’t want a little girl *hehe… contradiction eh :p” I want a girl who often turns into a playful little girl when she’s around me. [Checked]

    A girl who knows how to build up my ego (this may sound selfish but trust me, you can hold onto a guy if you know how to do this) [U actually think this is possible?]

    A girl who thinks I look like Brad Pitt even when the whole town thinks I’m ugly as sin *laugh* [Yet another impossible task]

    A girl who when she has a bad hair day will just tie her hair up and go out without making a fuss out of it.
    [I think it's the coffeee..]

    She doesn’t nag [Coffee?]

    She loves dogs [Checked]

    When I say “Honey, tomorrow morning you and I are going to rob the local bank at 9 o’clock” and she’ll say “I’ll be ready”. [Anytime, baby]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 20, 2004 at 6:01 PM  

  • Someone who LOVES calvin and hobbes. When I saw LOVES I mean REALLY REALLY LOVES calvin and hobbes. I don’t know how to explain this but I am sure that whoever loves calvin and hobbes are people who have a slightly different view on the world……… I’ve been thinking for 10 minutes on how to explain this but I can’t. The bottom line is that people who loves and understands calvin and hobbes are cool people to be with. [most definitely - checked]

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at September 20, 2004 at 6:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

smart ass quote

What's the point of wearing your favorite rocket ship underpants if nobody ever asks to see 'em?

the owner

Name: noodlez
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
ICQ: 27783641

To be great is to be misunderstood. Accept your genius and say what you think

view complete profile...

likes...

christina aguilera, calvin and hobbes, coke, cherry coke, coffee, HL milk, woman in chocolate,

dislikes...

britney spears, J.Lo, snakes, malaysian censor board, mushrooms,

wish list

a 10 with high self-esteem, gain a few more pounds, blue or grey eyes,

previous

  • story of a boy: itchy arse
  • comment response #10
  • comment response #9
  • comment response #8
  • types of chinese
  • i got "screen-ed"
  • is chivalry dead?
  • comment response #7
  • girls chasing guys
  • sensitive new age guy? snag?
  • archives

  • 07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
  • 08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
  • 09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
  • 10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
  • 12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
  • 01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
  • 02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
  • 03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
  • 04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
  • links

  • Liverpool & Proud

  • Google.com.my

  • Fark.com

  • Bored.com

  • Soccernet.com
  • extraz...

    Site Meter

    Listed on Blogwise

    .: food for soul...
    personal crappy design © 2004